Documenting the journey, '69 240z & 71 240Z + others

Restores, Revamps and Repairs

Moderators: BRONZEE, Z Club

SR240Z

Re: Documenting the journey, '69 240z & 71 240Z + others

Post by SR240Z » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:02 pm

G-Zed update
Managed to get out this month after coming out of lockdown and although it was cold and wet I think the check valve in the system was the issue. In the rush to get out (and expecting issues) I forgot to clear the motec data and on the run where I had, had a wee issue with the gearbox...no issues shifting at all then coming off the back straight downshifting from 5th to 4th, no issues then went to grab 3rd and nothing! Car was still engaged in 4th and the gear lever pretty much in neutral

Car up on the stands now with the box out and the suspected broken roll pin is fine, looks like the striker has simply come out of the shift forks so need to look into that, i am guessing either wear on the striker or the detent is allowing to much movement

I think even with the oil issues gone (I hope! :roll:) I will look at a larger sump which will only help.

Road car
Having a bloody ole time with this thing, Finally got the Su's put back together and went to test drive only to find out the brake master cylinder was poked. Quick call to Cardwells and they had the 1" willwood MC in stock so i have fitted that which was pretty straight forward actually. Got a road test underway and she stops well just not 100% on the pedal feel but at this point I cant make it down the road with out here coughing farting away. After a quick diagnose the plug leads have seen better days so will get some new ones along with some new points or a petronix and start again... POOR old girl has not seen much action for the last 8 years !

http://imgur.com/a/aSqMaSw
Last edited by SR240Z on Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRONZEE
Z Club Member

Post by BRONZEE » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:26 pm

What would you do if you had spare time?! Zeds are there to keep us busy. :shock: :lol:
Next - Z Club events:
= Once things settle we'll get som events, check out events page or our Z Club NZ Facebook page when we're to Level 2 or 1 =

SR240Z

Post by SR240Z » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:45 pm

Lol it's not something I have a great deal of that's for sure