DJ's other 280ZX

Restores, Revamps and Repairs

Moderators: Andy, BRONZEE, Z Club

djz

Re: DJ's other 280ZX

Post by djz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:24 pm

I should have looked at the exhaust manifold before I put the engine in, it didn't have down pipe on it when I took it out of the donor car, turns one of the studs was stripped.

I bought another L20E for the dizzy and a couple of other bits, I was hoping the exhaust manifold was going to be good but it had a stud broken in half, so after two goes welding a nut on it I managed to get it out.

Also cleaned up the face on the big linisher at work, now I just have to pull the ones off the car and swap it over.

Nissan 280ZX 2 seater RB26 powered.

djz

Post by djz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Got the manifolds off this. I took the inlet manifold to work and gave it a clean in the big dishwasher, it came up a little bit better. Will get it back together this weekend hopefully.

This was the reason for having to pull them off

djz

Post by djz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Cleaned the inlet manifold at work, came up a bit better. I'm going to remove the fuel rail and a couple of the other rusty looking bits and give them a clean/paint before I put the rest of it together.

There were a bunch of ARP bolts at work that were going in the scrap metal bin so I liberated them, turns out they were just the right length for putting the manifold on a L series so now this thing has some Lotus history on it.